Peppermint Essential Oil
The peppermint plant is a versatile perennial herb that has been cherished since ancient times. The plant’s first recorded appearance dates back to 1000 BC when dried peppermint leaves were found entombed in ancient Egyptian pyramids.1 Throughout human history, this herb has been valued as a multi-purpose plant and an essential oil whose components are now used by cosmetic, culinary, and health industries around the world. When you use it internally, Peppermint oil is also well known for its ability to help alleviate occasional upset stomach and promote healthy respiratory function.* With so many facets and uses, it is no surprise that Peppermint oil continues to be one of doTERRA’s best-selling and highly-favored essential oils.
DIY Peppermint and Green Tea Sugar Scrub
Treat your skin to this revitalizing and moisturizing scrub.
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon Matcha Green Tea powder
- 1 tablespoon green tea leaves
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Few drops of Peppermint essential oil
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, matcha, and green tea leaves.
- Add coconut oil and Peppermint; mix well. Add more oil if you like your scrub to be more moisturizing.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to one month (two months if refrigerated).
For more easy peasy DIY ideas for using your Essential oils - Subscribe to my blog