One of the most well-researched benefits of essential oils is their ability to influence our moods and emotions. To promote a calming and relaxing environment you should diffuse a floral oil—especially something with high concentrations of linalool or linalyl acetate. If you need to be uplifted or energized, a few drops of Wild Orange in the palms and directly inhaling will do the trick. Everyone has their favorite single oils, but it is in blending, creating a mixture of volatile aromatic compounds that is unique to your specific needs, that the real power of aroma can be experienced.
- Wild Orange- Wild Orange is commonly used in essential oil blends aimed to promote emotional well-being because of its uniquely energizing yet calming aroma. Clinical research has shown that due to its concentration of limonene, aromatic and topical application of Wild Orange promotes a positive mood and supports a relaxing environment1,2.
- Lavender- The calming and relaxing aroma of Lavender essential oil is often considered the root of modern aromatherapy and the past century has provided a significant amount of evidence to support it. Whether applied topically or used aromatically, numerous human clinical trials have validated the ability of Lavender’s aroma to improve mood, reduce feelings of anxiousness and stress, and create a restful environment3-5.
- Copaiba- As the essential oil with the highest known concentration of beta-caryophyllene, Copaiba’s spectrum of benefits is almost endless. While it is primarily known for being powerfully antioxidant, supporting the immune and respiratory systems when used internally, and being great for the skin topically, the rich concentration of beta-caryophyllene also imparts an uplifting aroma that research suggests may be beneficial to those attempting to abstain from unhealthy habits6.*
- Spearmint- The dominant volatile aromatic compound in the chemical composition of Spearmint essential oil is the monoterpene ketone, carvone. Along with having numerous benefits when applied topically (specifically, cleansing properties), human clinical research has shown that essential oils high in carvone (Spearmint and Dill) have an uplifting and arousing aroma that are particularly beneficial for those with active lifestyles7.
- Magnolia- Magnolia has one of the highest concentrations of the monoterpene alcohol, linalool. Along with its many benefits when applied topically, essential oils rich in linalool have been shown in experimental research to promote a calm environment and feelings of relaxation8.
- Rosemary- Rosemary has a unique chemical composition, including significant concentrations of 1,8-cineole, camphor, and alpha-pinene. The combination of these three monoterpenes creates a distinct aroma that has been shown in clinical research to increase feelings of alertness and focus, and reduce feelings of stress9,10.
- Neroli- Neroli is unique in that it has many of the mood-modulating characteristics of essential oils rich in linalool and linalyl acetate, but being derived from a citrus tree (Citrus aurantium), it also has significant concentrations of limonene. A breadth of clinical research validates the ability of Neroli essential oil to provide calming feelings when experienced aromatically11,12.
- Sweetgum- Liquidambar, more commonly referred to as “sweetgum”, produces a resinous sap (liquid amber) that can be steam distilled to produce an essential oil with a wide spectrum of benefits13. The resulting substance is a unique combination of volatile aromatic compounds that are not commonly found in other essential oils, and emit a unique aroma with pine, floral, and spicy notes. While it is primarily known for its benefits when applied topically, sweetgum essential oil is also commonly used to promote a calm and restful environment15.
Why Should I Use the Adaptiv Blend?
We all have our own unique emotional needs. Essential oils are a convenient and effective tool for improving your emotional well-being. Experimentation is the best way to find out what works for you, but science provides some compelling evidence that the way aroma influences our mood is not exclusively individual. Formulated with precise amounts of many of nature’s most profound mood influencing aromas, Adaptiv can be your go-to to promote the soothing and uplifting feelings you need to get through the day.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.